Online Startup India Registration Process
If you have a Privated Limited Company or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or a Registered Partnership Firm having registered office in India and not more than 10 years old or turnover below Rs 100 crores, you can proceed to take Startup India registration by self or through consultant.
Step wise Registration Process
STEP 1: Create Account
First step is to create an account with startup India portal with unique Email ID and Mobile no. An OTP is send to registered email id for verification.
To be noted Email ID and Mobile number must not be registered earlier.
Startup India Portal run by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) ( earlier DIPP).
STEP 2: Register a Business Profile
On Successful OTP Verification, register your profile below information
- Select Country
- Startup Stage – Ideation or Validation or Early Traction or Scaling
- Select exact business stage you are at present.
- Display Name
- here either mention Entity Name or Brand Name.
- Complete address with State
- Industry and Sector and Service Category
- A brief writeup about the startup.
- Upload Logo
- Provide Website or Mobile Link ( Optional)
- Udyog Aadhar Registration No. ( Optional)
- Select – Funded or Bootstrap ( that is your startup funding present position)
- Details of team Members with their Photo , Role, write few lines about profile. You can also provide Linkedin or Twitter Page of member/s
- Upload Business Plan ( Optional)
- Connect with
- Tick on which you like to get connected through startup india portal
Investors, Other Startups, Mentors, Incubators, Accelerators or All
ONCE THE BUSINESS PROFILE IS 100% COMPLETED. THEN NEXT STEP IS APPLY FOR “GET RECOGNITION” OR CALLED AS STARTUP INDIA REGISTRATION.
STEP 3: Apply for Startup Recognition certificate
After Business profile registration, Go to Dashboard
Next Click on “Recognition and Tax Exemption”. Here then choose Apply Recognition and proceed to fillup below data one by one correctly
A Recognition form having following sections
1. Entity Details ?
- Nature of Entity ( Private Limited Company or LLP or Registered Partnership Firm)
- Industry, Sector and Category
- Fillup other details of the entity details as mentioned
2. Full Address ( Office)
- Mention Registered Office address.
- Select State, Discrict and Sub-District
3. Authorised representative Details
- Name, Designation, Mobile Number and Email ID
- Here you can specify your employee ( CEO/CFO etc.) or director/founder itself.
4. Director/s or Partner/s Details
- Specify Number of Directors / Partners - say example 2 or 3.
- Fillup Details - Name, Gender, Email ID , Mobile number and complete address.
5. Information Required
This Page is very imprtant. Therefore tick on correct information as your business stands at present and doing.
- Current number of Employees
- Startup Stage ? - Ideation, Validation, Early Traction or Scaling
- Has your Startup Applied for IPR? - Select YES or NO
- Is the startup creating an innovative product / service / process or improving an existing product / service / process* - Select YES or NO . HERE RECOMENDED TO SELECT 'YES' -> Once you select yes provide further details as seen below.
Is the startup creating a scalable business model with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation* - Select YES or NO . HERE RECOMENDED TO SELECT 'YES' -> Once you select yes provide further details as seen below.
Have your startup received Funding? - Select YES or NO
Herein, you need to provide a good writeup on 'brief note supporting the options chosen above for innovation, improvement and scalability."
6. Startup Activities
Here you need a skill to draft good write. Your drafting presentation matters to get recognised in single attempt. To minimize the risk of rejection, you can hire a Consultant.
below questions need to be answered with minimum 50 words.
- Please mention any awards/recognition received by the entity. Attach Award Documents. (Optional)
- What is the problem the startup is solving?
- How does your startup propose to solve this problem?
- What is the uniqueness of your solution?
- How does your startup generate revenue?
7. Self Certification
At this section,
- Upload Certificate of Incorporation / Registration Certificate of the Entity.
- provide Wesite Link , Pitch Deck, Videos, etc.
CLICK IN ' I Accept Terms & Condition' and SUBMIT.
Once you submit Application, Edit is not permissible. Its takes 4 to 10 working days to get status of the application.
Q. What to do when you get mail of 'Correction Required' from DPIIT ( earlier DIPP)?
- Login to portal and resubmit with corrected data as required. Maximum 3 attemps you may allowed to correct data.
Q. What happen when your 3 attempt of correction is lapsed?
- Application is suspended for 3 months. After that again you can re apply.
For more knowledge connect with our Consultant at FinTaxx Corporate Professionals LLP | +91-7678243418 / +91-120-4203375