In order to make the process smooth, it is best to have the following documents readily available before you start the incorporation.
For Individual Shareholders
For each Officer, Shareholder and Beneficial Owner of the proposed company:
- Passport copy
- NRIC or Residency card (for Singapore residents only)
- Residential address proof (for example, a driver’s license, a recent utility bill, rental agreement, etc.)
- Brief professional background. This can be in the form of a curriculum vitae (CV), resume or link to the person’s LinkedIn profile.
For Corporate Shareholders
If the shareholder is a corporate entity, the following documents will be required for the corporate entity:
1. Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of the jurisdiction where the company is registered
2. Company Extract from the Company Registrar of the jurisdiction where the company is registered that contains the following information:
o Company’s name, Registration number, and Registered address
o Paid-up Capital and particulars of all Shareholders and Directors
o Business activities that the Company is engaged in
3. Authorized Person Resolution passed by the director(s) of the shareholding company that includes the following:
o Authorization to hold shares in the proposed Singapore Company
o Appointment of an Authorised Person to sign the Singapore Company formation documents on behalf of the shareholding company
4. An ownership structure chart that identifies the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBO) of the shareholding company. Identification documents for the key UBOs may be required for KYC due diligence.