For any Individual/Corporate/Partnership Firms etc , it is mandatory to obtain a valid Drug Licence from concerned State Authorities (Drugs Control Department). The provisions for this has been made in Drugs and Cosmetic Act 1940 and Rules 1945 applicable in India.
basic pre-requisites for a Drug License
- Minimum area of the Office/Shop.
- Granted in the commercial premises or other premises independent of residence.
- Refrigerator or Air Conditioner on the premises.
- Needs to comply with the conditions of licence of the issuing Authority.
- Displayed at premises of business.
- A technical staff :- A registered pharmacist or competent person with same line experienced as approved by the Department if Drug Control.
Based on business type, an entity may require different types of drug license. For exact requirement and applicability, consult with our Consultant.