Startup means an entity, incorporated and registered in india
- As a Private Limited Company or Limited Liability Partnership or Registered as a Partnership Firm.
- With an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since incorporation/registration.
- Working towards innovation, development or improvement or of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
- An entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing business shall not be considered a ‘Startup’.
- Shall not be more than 10 years old for Startup recognition OR not incorporated before April 2016 to claim Tax Exemption certificate.
An entity shall cease to be a Startup,
- On completion of 10 years from the date of incorporation/registration.
- If its turnover for any previous year exceeds Rs. 100 crore